This is not the Phantom of the Opera that you are used to…and that is a good thing.
Finally, we get to see the story from Christine’s perspective. With this fresh perspective, we get a whole new side of the story and it’s not the seductive male-centric romance that it once was. Heather does something not many authors do. She explores the intricacies of toxic relationships and how to get out of one.
I won’t talk too much about the plot because it’s so twisty and turny that everything that I say could be construed as a spoiler. Most of us know the Andrew Lloyd Webber version of the Phantom but this story takes that and melds it with the original novel.
The characters in this story are all well rounded and have a relatable backstory that makes them all feel real.
And can we just take a moment to gush over this cover? I dare you not to become a book cover whore after looking at this cover! This is one of those rare times when you can judge a book by its cover because the inside of the book is just as beautiful as the outside.
Want to give the book a try for yourself? Enter the tour-wide giveaway.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST on February 26th. You must be 18 or older to enter.
– Giveaway is open to US & Canada residents only.
– Only one entry per household.
– All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspect of fraud is decided upon by blog/site owner and the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion.
– Winner has 48 hours to claim prize or new winner is chosen.