“Movies always begin with a panorama. A Skyline. A beach. A cactus-dotted desert. Rome, Paris, Honolulu, New York City. This one opens in Los Angeles…”
I am so excited to be a part of the kick off for this book tour.
This uniquely written book feels both innovative and familiar. In many ways, it feels like reading a movie script yet at the same time I feel as if I am transported into an Audrey Hepbourne movie. Of course, the excerpts from a fictional manuscript certainly helps.
In addition to the unique style, this is a character driven story, in every way shape and form. We move from Louise, who in 1952 is trying to fight for her marriage and to make her own career decisions to 1926 where two women Florrie and Ethel who are traveling across the country, one to start a fresh life and the other to hold on to the life she has.
Each of the women’s journies are real and relatable. I for one found myself attached to Louise’s storyline and her struggle to help her husband newly returned from Korea. It’s heartfelt and frustrating because I could sympathize, to an extent, to her.
This is a touching book, filled with breezy nostalgia perfect for this transition from summer to fall.
However, don’t take my word for it. You can enter the tour wide giveaway to win your chance a signed copy of Women Enters Left.
During the Blog Tour we will be giving away 2 signed copies of Woman Enters Left! To enter, please enter via the Gleam form below.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST on October 6th. You must be 18 or older to enter.
– Giveaway is open to residents in the US only.
– Only one entry per household.
– All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspicion of fraud is decided upon by blog/site owner and the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion.
– Winner has 48 hours to claim prize or new winner is chosen.