Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is the Top Ten Characters that you just didn’t like. Sometimes there is just one character,like a bad apple that spoils the whole book. These are the characters that, try as I might, I just couldn’t click with.
- Bella from Twilight. Never mind that the freaking sparkling vampires. Bella had every characteristic that drives me nuts in women.What also really stunk, was that my dog was named Bella. So during the whole Twilight craze I constantly got asked Oh is your dog named after Twilight? Um..no…my dog’s full name is Bella Note, after Lady and the Tramp. A much better love story than Twilight
- Ignatious J. Reilly from Confederacy of Dunces. The giant boy child made me cringe with every turn of the page.I liked all of the other characters but the main character just, ugh, I cringe even typing about him. It made the book a chore to read and finish.
- Evie O’neill from the Diviners. So many people love this series but I have to say, if there was one book that pushed me over the YA edge it was this one. And the reason? Evie. She was such an annoying caricature of an annoying 1920’s teen. She was like nails on a chalk board.
- Robert Langdon in every Dan Brown book written. Because Langdon, you’re just a wanna be Indiana Jones and definitely not as cool.
- Nurse from Juliet’s Nurse. I just didn’t like her. I don’t know exactly what it was but she and I didn’t click.
- Laoghaie Mackenzie from the Outlander series. She is just an annoying little thing that makes me want to reach through the pages and strangle her. I don’t even love to hate her.
- Marsali Fraser. The character has grown on me in later books but good god she was a disrespectful thing almost as bad as her mother. I don’t know what annoyed me more, the fact that she said such awful things to Claire or that those around her didn’t put her in her place.
- Frida from California. I really like the book but Frida just annoyed the hell out of me. Nothing seemed to be good enough for her. Pretty much all of their trouble came from her restlessness.
- Ray from The Magician’s Lie. The character just drove me nuts!
So that’s it, those are the are the characters that really frost my cupcakes. How about you? Any Characters that drive you nuts?
Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish